March Madness is underway! NC State and Albany clinched berths in the round of 64 with wins in the First Four last night. Today, I will discuss who will win tomorrow’s (March 20th) games.
(11) Dayton vs. (6) Ohio State- South Region
Colin’s Prediction: Ohio State- Dayton will give Ohio State a thrill, but Aaron Craft (OSU) will step up late.
(15) American vs. (2) Wisconsin- West Region
Colin’s Prediction: Wisconsin- An upset by American would be monumental, but Wisconsin should win this one.
(9) Pittsburgh vs. (8) Colorado- South Region
Colin’s Prediction: Pittsburgh- The Panthers will dominate inside behind Talib Zanna.
(12) Harvard vs. (5) Cincinnati- East Region
Colin’s Prediction: Harvard- In my first upset pick, the Crimson will pull off another NCAA tournament shocker, but expect this to be a close game.
(14) Western Michigan vs. (3) Syracuse- South Region
Colin’s Prediction: Syracuse- The Orange 2-3 zone will be too much for the Broncos’ offense.
(10) BYU vs. (7) Oregon
Colin’s Prediction: Oregon- The Ducks’ offense is extremely dynamic, but their defense will have to step up if they want to win.
(16) Albany vs. (1) Florida- South Region
Colin’s Prediction: Florida- The Gators’ defense is relentless, and they have the nation’s top point guard in Scottie Wilbekin.
(13) Delaware vs. (4) Michigan St.- East Region
Colin’s Prediction: Michigan St.- The Spartans are a popular pick for the Final Four, and their road begins with a win over Delaware. Watch for sophomore Gary Harris to take over the game.
(10) St. Joseph’s vs. (7) Connecticut- East Region
Colin’s Prediction: Connecticut- The Huskies’ offense, fueled by senior Shabazz Napier, will have a tough time with A-10 champ St. Joe’s, but UConn will eventually get the job done.
(15) Wofford vs. (2) Michigan- Midwest Region
Colin’s Prediction- Michigan- The Wolverines are expected to win this one easily. Watch for sophomore guard Nik Stauskas and sophomore Caris LeVert.
(12) NC State vs. (5) Saint Louis- Midwest Region
Colin’s Prediction: NC State- In my second 12 seed upset, NC State will upset St. Louis. The Billikens have experience, as they start five seniors, but TJ Warren (NCSU) will take over the game in the second half.
(12) N. Dakota St. vs. (5) Oklahoma- West Region
Colin’s Prediction: Oklahoma- Many are predicting an upset in this game, but Oklahoma’s experience will carry them to the third round.
(15) Milwaukee vs. (2) Villanova- East Region
Colin’s Prediction: Villanova- The Wildcats’ guard play will play a major role in a Villanova win.
(10) Arizona St. vs. (7) Texas- Midwest Region
Colin’s Prediction: Texas- The Longhorns will pull this one out, with guard Javan Felix paving the way.
(13) Manhattan vs. (4) Louisville- Midwest Region
Colin’s Prediction: Louisville- The Cardinals, another popular Final Four pick, will win an easy one over Manhattan, as Russ Smith and Luke Hancock will power Louisville’s three-point shooting.
(13) N. Mexico St. vs. (4) San Diego St.- West Region
Colin’s Prediction: San Diego St.- The Aztecs’ experience, including Xavier Thames, will help them win their second-round game with ease over the Aggies.